Create A Listing For An Event
The sign-up form to list your event can be completed online in minutes. All of the below information can be entered via our online form.
- Organization Name & Address
- Web Site Address - The URL of your website (if available) for the organization/event. We will provide a link back to this page from the ticketing page.
- Primary Contact - The person in your organization who we should contact regarding any questions. Receipts will be emailed to this person.
- Secondary Contact - A Second person we can contact if the primary contact is unavailable. If you desire, email receipts can also be emailed to the secondary contact.
- Webmaster Contact - The person who manages your website who will be able to add links to your ticketing page.
- Short Description - A one or two line short description of your event. This will be shown on our event calendar listings.
- Long Description - The longer description of your event for the detailed ticketing page.
- Dates and Times - The date(s) and the times(s) of your event. Also the dates when ticket sales should start/stop.
- Ticket Types, Prices and Number of Tickets - We can handle complex ticket types and pricing. We will automatically stop selling tickets once the capacity has been reached.
- Payment Information - Where we should send payment and when you'd like to receive the first payment.
- Venue Name and Address
- Directions - Once people have purchased tickets, they often come to the website for directions.
- Special Needs Accessibility
- Seating Chart Information
READY TO LIST YOUR EVENT?
Market, Market and Market
- Communicate - Use exisiting methods to let people know about your event. Whether it's through email blasts, social media, snail mail ... let everyone know that an online option for ticketed events, registrations/memberships, and donations is available.
- MKtix-Partner Marketing - Mktix-Partner websites will help market your events and attract new patrons by listing your event on their calendar and may include it in their ongoing promotional activities for the region. All of the MKtix-Partner websites have a vested interest in helping promote events in their communities.
- Customer Payment - When a Customer visits your event ticketing webpage for your event, they enter the information needed to validate their credit card via a secure easy to use interface. There are no complicated shopping carts or registrations. Most transations are completed with two clicks. Customer infomation is not sold or shared with other organizations.
- E-Ticket - Customer receives an e-ticket that can easily be printed and they also receive an immediate email receipt of their purchase.
- Notification - Designated staff at your organization receives an instant email notification of each purchase!
Payment and Fulfillment
- Payment - You will receive a consolidated check for all tickets purchased according to the schedule you designate. Typically payments are sent within 3 days after the event and on a second date of your choosing.
- Reporting - Box office reports are available in Excel or PDF formats at any time. Typically a final report is emailed to you before the event.
- Admission - Some organizations use a will-call approach where tickets are set aside for online customers. Customers present their receipt which is exchanged for the ticket. Others use the eletronic ticket for admission. The choice is yours.
Service Fees (How We Make Money)
At MKtix.com, we are keenly aware of the budget constraints facing nonprofits and community-based organizations. Our unique pricing structure provides a valuable service to patrons who pay a small, clearly identitifed, service fee well below what is typically charged for online tickets. We offer this service with no set-up fees or long-term commitment requirement.
SERVICE FEE - CHARGED TO PURCHASER
Our typical fee structure is as follows:
- Tickets $10 and under // a $1.50 per ticket fee is charged
- Tickets between $10 and $24.99 // $2 per ticket charged
- Tickets between $25 and $49.99 // $3 per ticket charged
- Tickets between $50 and $74.99 // $4 per ticket charged
- Tickets between $75 and $99.99 // $5 per ticket charged
- All inclusive. No other fees!
Compare this to existing national ticketing services which charge updwards of $8 per ticket AND add additional fees per order. We also actively market your events through our MKtix family of websites at no charge.
FEES ARE CLEARLY MARKED
All fees paid by the customer are clearly marked at the times of purchase. We recognize that you maintain an important relationship of trust with your patrons, and we believe in supporting that trust.
Below is a sample of how this is presented to your patrons:
FEES DEDUCTED FROM PAYMENT TO ORGANIZATION
The only fee paid by your organization is the standard credit card fee charged by the banking industry for all credit card purchases. By working with multiple organizations, we are able to provide a lowl group-rate, well below what most organizations would otherwise pay for credit card transactions.
We currently accept the following major credit cards:
No Other Fees. No Hidden Charges!